I’ve had thick wavy hair my entire life and have been fine-tuning my routine to perfection for YEARS. Well, I finally nailed it & it would go against girl code if I didn’t share it with you all. I can go a good 3-5 days without washing after following this method. I can’t promise it’ll work for you, but give it a shot and let me know what you think.
- Obviously, it starts in the shower BUT this is an extremely important part; first, you have to brush your hair with this brush before your shower. Be sure to smooth out all of the tangles and go thru it for a couple of minutes to distribute the natural oils from your scalp. One of the most important things for curls is keeping them hydrated.
- I’ve tried just about every shampoo and conditioner known to man & I’ve locked down the one that works best for me. This duo is amazing. (I’m a blonde so I use this purple shampoo every 2-3 washes.)
- After shampooing and conditioning, I use a wide tooth comb while rinsing the conditioner out to make sure there are no tangles and that everything is rinsed well.
- Right after the shower, I squeeze out excess water and use a wet brush. It’ll change your life.
- After I’ve gotten all of the tangles out, I wrap my hair in this towel. I put it in the towel for just a couple of minutes so it gets excess water out but doesn’t dry it out completely.
- After taking my hair out of the towel, I use a quarter sized amount of this cream and smooth it thru my hair. Not scrunching it, just coating all of my hair with the exception of my roots. I stay about 2 inches away from those or you hair will look greasy and flat.
- Scrunch your hair with the towel after applying the cream.
- After scrunching, I use a diffuser and dry my roots completely and the rest of my hair about 1/2 way.
- I then spray my favorite dry shampoo on my roots and a bit of hair spray all over and use an alligator clip to pull back the top half. Those clips are life changing.
- A couple of hours later, right before I go to bed, I’ll french braid my hair and then sleep on this pillowcase to prevent breakage, frizz, and drying out my hair. It’s also amazing for your skin.
- Wake up the next morning, spritz a little of this after unbraiding it, fluff it out and you’re golden!
- To preserve your perfect waves, spray some dry shampoo before bed and braid it again.
I know it seems excessive and like there are a ton of products involved, but let’s be honest- it really is a science. The photo above is day one and the photo below is day three, and the last photo is day five! Each product lasts a longggg time because you don’t need much since they are high quality, so a little goes a long way. If you try my method, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag me (@SajeCoxFitness) so I can see!
Don’t forget to join my ladies only Facebook group where we cover things like this often!
Cheers to great hair! I am not a hair stylist nor do I claim to be a pro at it, I’m simply sharing what has worked best for me with hopes it may help you also. This is not a sponsored post.