Let me preface this by saying I have super thick, fine, wavy hair, with lots of body, and roots that get oily QUICK. Poor me, I know. Just kidding- I have great hair that I’m thankful for. The photos above are 3 days after washing.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I like to push it as far as I can between hair washes without looking like a greased pig. Well, I’ve found the holy grail.
The photo above is the same day as washing and styling.
Hair Wash Day
- Twice a week I apply this & leave it in for at least 3-4 hours. I usually try to sleep in it & then wash the next day. (Yep, I wash my hair twice a week.)
- When I wash, this shampoo & conditioner are my favorites because they work with the previous step to help rebuild bonds. When I need to freshen up my blonde (usually once every other week), I use this shampoo and leave it on for 2-3 minutes before rinsing.
- After washing, I use a little of this from mid-shaft down to help hydrate my hair, then I put about a dime size of this on my hair- except for the roots. A little goes a long way with both of these.
- I spritz a bit of this before blowdrying to protect my hair from heat & UV rays. (It smells like the cotton candy Calgon boy spray we all used in middle school. Heavenly.)
- After drying, I divide my hair into sections & use a 1.5 inch curling iron starting mid-shaft and leaving the ends out to create waves. Don’t brush your waves out, let them cool until you’re totally done.
- Once I’m done curling, I spray this on my roots and give them a good rub. LOVE the volume it gives.
- Then, I pick up sections & spray this– leaving out the roots. After that, I flip my hair over and finger-comb the curls to separate them. This one is buildable, so start with a little and add as needed.
- I alternate sleeping with my hair in a French braid or wrapped in a high bun. Do whichever works best for you. Be sure your braid isn’t too tight and leave at least 2 inches out or it’ll get kinky.
- The next day, I spray my dry shampoo on my roots again & a little texture spray if needed.
- If my ends are dry, I’ll put a TINY bit of my hair oil on them.
- Enjoy your SASSY hair!
If you give this a try, be sure to tag me so I can see! I always love hearing what you want to see next on the blog so comment or slide into my IG DM & let me know.
The video above is 4 days after washing & styling.
Leave a Reply